The Friends of Oystermouth Castle were founded in 1989 and have taken responsibility for supervising public access to the castle ever since!
If you’re interested in getting involved as a volunteer, some of the things we do are…
- provide volunteers to sell tickets when the monument is open
- staff stands at local events to provide information about the castle
- help with set up and take down at public events at the castle
- lead guided tours and groups around the castle
- give talks and presentations about the history of the monument.
- maintain this website!
We hold an AGM every year, usually in March, before the castle opens to the public
We also have an increasing social aspect and have had several ‘get to know one another’ buffets, and enjoyed walks and guest speakers from the Glamorgan Gwent Archaeological Trust and others.
If you’re interested in getting involved please use the contact us page to let us know and we’ll get you the details.
And, of course, if you’re already a member – diolch yn fawr iawn! Thank you very much!